Thursday, October 07, 2010

My Top 10 Favourite Superhero Characters of All Time

Let me preface by saying that this list only applies to 'heroes' and not 'villains'.

Also, as a kid I subscribed to "the Micronauts", "Spider-Man", "the Fantastic Four", "the Avengers" and "the X-Men".


This list is also in order from my most favoured:

  1. the Micronauts
  2. the Vision (from Marvel's Avengers)
  3. Dr. Henry "Hank" Pym (aka Ant-Man, Giant-Man, Goliath and Yellow Jacket)
  4. Nightcrawler
  5. the Green Lantern
  6. the Fantastic Four (in order the Invisible Woman, Dr. Reed Richards, the Human Torch and the Thing)
  7. Iron Man
  8. Jean Grey (aka Marvel Girl & Phoenix)
  9. Aquaman
  10. Storm

Surprising omissions you may notice from this list are not only Spider-Man - but the Batman, Superman and Wolverine. I loved Spider-Man as a kid (like I said I subscribed to the comic) and I have always felt that he and the Batman have BY FAR the best "rogue's gallery" in the genre. I just didn't feel that he could make the top 10 in this case. Also, even though I loved the X-Men, I never really got into Wolverine until I was older (and the very same can be said for the Batman). I liked Phoenix, Nightcrawler, Storm and underdogs like Angel and Banshee. As for Superman, well he was always just a bit 'over the top' for me. I also used to watch "the Superfriends" and was drawn to Aquaman as the underdog character for the same reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment